Fifteenth Regular Session of the Commission on Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture is next week at FAO in Rome
The 15th Regular Session of the FAO Commission on Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture (CGRFA-15) will be taking place next week (19-23 January 2015) in FAO, Rome, Italy.
PAR is now participating in a CGRFA-15 special event that is taking place this Friday 16 January 2015 at FAO on Food Security and Genetic Resources and is now Web streamed at on the FAO Website here.
PAR will also participate in tomorrow’s Seminar “Towards The State of the World’s Biodiversity for Food and Agriculture” (Saturday 17 January, 2015).
PAR will be participating in the following sessions next week such as the following Monday sessions in which we contributed some work:
- The State of the World Biodiversity for Food and Agriculture
- Target and indicators for biodiversity for food and agriculture
- Access and benefit-sharing for genetic resources for food and agriculture
- Biodiversity and Nutrition
- Climate change and genetic resources for food and agriculture
the Wednesday morning session on Plant genetic resources and to some of the side-events as follow:
- The role of agricultural biodiversity in national climate change adaptation planning: analysing NAPAs completed to date (Monday 19 Jan. 13:15 – 14:45)
- Mainstreaming biodiversity for improved human nutrition and well-being: moving from global initiatives to local action (Tuesday 20 January 13:15 – 14:45)
- The role of genetic resources and traditional knowledge-based innovations in climate adaptation (Thursday 22 January 13:15 – 14:45).
PAR will be displaying some of its recent publications and a poster in the exhibition hall at FAO.
The full list of side-events is available here.
The annotated agenda and time table of the meeting is available here.
For more information on the meeting and access useful documents, please consult the CGRFA-15 Webpage here.
We welcome your comments during next week about the CGRFA-15 meeting.