15th Regular Session of the FAO Commission on Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture is coming up!
What: 15th Regular Session of the FAO Commission on Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture (CGRFA-15)
Where: FAO, Rome, Italy
When: 19-23 January 2015
The upcoming CGRFA-15 meeting to be held in Rome at the beginning of 2015 will focus on:
- The State of the World Biodiversity for Food and Agriculture
- Target and indicators for biodiversity for food and agriculture
- Access and benefit-sharing for genetic resources for food and agriculture
- Biodiversity and Nutrition
- Application and integration of biotechnologies for the conservation and sustainable utilization of genetic resources for food and agriculture
- Climate change and genetic resources for food and agriculture
Animal genetic resources
Forest genetic resoucres
Plant genetic resources
Aquatic genetic resources
Micro-organism and invertebrates
Implementation of the Multi-year Programme of Work
Cooperation with international instruments and organizations
The 15th Regular Session will be preceded by two events:
- CGRFA Special Event on Food Security and Genetic Diversity, to be held on the Friday 16 January 2015
- Seminar Towards The State of the World’s Biodiversity for Food and Agriculture, to be held on the Saturday 17 January, 2015.
For more information on the meeting and access useful documents, please consult the CGRFA-15 Webpage here.