[ABIA-Group] Topic 3: The Roles played by Agricultural Biodiversity in Human well-being: the weaknesses, strengths, opportunities and gaps
June 28th, 2010
The second discussion topics in the ABIA E-consulataion is coming to an end. The topic discussed was on “Components of agricultural biodiversity: knowledge of state and trends of agricultural biodiversity in Africa”.
The next topic is about the Roles played by Agricultural Biodiversity in Human well-being: the weaknesses, strengths, opportunities and gaps
A set of questions is provided to orient the discussion:
- From your experiences/conclusions, does agricultural biodiversity has something to do with human well-being in Africa? Will you explain why and how?
- According to you, is Africa making the best use of her agricultural biodiversity resources? Why is this so?
- What are the weaknesses and strengths of agriculture biodiversity in Africa? What should be done? What has been done? How do you perceive the gap?
- What should (and will) you (or your organization) do next?
- What role can our communities play in conservation of genetic resources?
You can still be part of this discussion by joining here.